In the view of many dental experts, the enamel in the teeth remains one of the hardest substances in the human body. However, this substance can demineralise with the passage of time. The process of demineralisation serves to weaken the enamel. As a result, it could lead to the development of cavities or chips in the teeth. In some cases, it might even enhance tooth sensitivity. The problem with demineralisation lies in the fact that once it has eroded the tooth enamel, the problem will only become worse. Thus, the tooth enamel will never grow back once it has worn away. Because of this, patients with worn teeth enamels will continue to experience pain and cavities. The only recourse available to prevent the demineralisation of the tooth enamel can be to prevent it from occurring in the first place. You could accomplish this objective by:
- Limiting your sugar intake as bacteria that cause cavities feed off the sugar and starch you consume, thereby producing the acid that can erode tooth enamel
- Significantly limiting your sugar and refined carbohydrate intake as these can increase the likelihood of your developing a myriad of oral health-related issues
- Consuming acidic drinks such as coffee, soda, lemonades, orange juices etc. with a straw to minimise the exposure of your teeth enamel to the acidic content present in these drinks
- You should consider rinsing your mouth with water after consuming such drinks
- Reducing the enamel demineralisation process by consuming cheese at the end of each meal as the casein and whey protein content of cheese can reduce the wearing away of the enamel
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush and brushing your teeth in small, circular motions
- Chewing sugar-free gum as it stimulates the production of saliva that can wash away bacteria and the acid created in the mouth and,
- Using re-mineralising gels that feature fluoride and calcium phosphate for strengthening your tooth enamel
If you require access to experienced dental specialists, simply walk in to Civic Plaza Dental Care. The facility features a number of Fairfield dentists who specialise in offering a comprehensive range of services. In addition, they offer superlative levels of personalise care as well. The dental professionals at Civic Plaza spend a lot of time in making patients feel comfortable and at ease. They do not only answer any questions that their patients might have thoroughly. They also provide all the information patients need pertaining to their proposed treatment plans as well. Thus, patients visiting this facility can rest assured about making informed decisions about the recommended treatment procedures.
Dr. Pedro Gonzalez remains one of the most popular and sought-after dentists at Civic Plaza. With over 35 years of dentistry experience, he can resolve almost any kind of dental issues with aplomb. Dr. Gonzalez moved to Australia in 1984 after graduating as a dental surgeon from the University of Chile. After clearing the EDEC examination in Melbourne, he registered as a dental surgeon in Sydney. Among other things, Dr. Gonzalez received the accreditation from The Australian Society of Implant Dentistry in 1997. Not surprisingly, he specialises in dental implants and restorative dentistry. His charisma and extensive levels of expertise have enabled him to resolve a myriad of oral health and dental issues to the satisfaction of his patients.
When you visit Civic Plaza, you need not feel apprehensive about the dental treatments on offer or their costs. The staff at the facility take their mission of practising dentistry with their patients’ best interests at heart very seriously. So, they offer interest-free payment plans for the dental treatments offered at the centre. In addition, they offer various Medicare and hospital vouchers as well. For instance, you could utilise the Child Dental Benefit Schedule (CDBS) for your child’s dental care. Under this dental program, eligible children (aged two to 17 years) could receive up to $1,000 in benefits for basic dental services. Similarly, the use of hospital vouchers from the NSW Government could cover your general dental treatment expenses to an extent. So, avoid putting off your visit to the dentist. At Civic Plaza, you can get the best treatment and care that you have been looking for. Click here to make an enquiry.