In many cases, people avoid visiting the dentist until they can do so no longer. Invariably, this be when they require access to emergency dental services. Putting off your visits to the dentist is almost as bad as deferring your visits to your doctor. Routine visits and examinations might not reveal any life-threatening conditions more often than not.
But, seldom will a life-threatening disease strike without giving some signs of its presence. As such, when you visit your doctor or dentist, they will be able to recognise the manifestation of a severe affliction based on the symptoms revealed by the patient.
Having said that, many people are visiting their dentists for improving their smiles. People nowadays are very conscious of their appearances. So, they take to exercising or working out regularly to keep themselves in good shape.
Similarly, if you have misaligned or crooked teeth, they will affect your overall look to some extent. So, if you have any complaints about your gums or teeth, consider visiting your dentist. This is especially so if you’re suffering from any kind of oral infection or have cavities in your teeth. Only once your teeth are in perfect condition, will cosmetic dentists or orthodontists proceed with measures for enhancing your smile.
Some procedures that dentists usually perform to give their clients that perfect smile include:
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are useful in case the teeth have sustained damage. A veneer denotes a thin shell placed on to the surface of the teeth. It helps in enhancing the function and appearance of the teeth. Veneers can eliminate gaps between the teeth. They can straighten crooked teeth and change their shape as well.
- Dental Crowns: Severely damaged teeth will need more than dental veneers to remedy the situation. Similarly, in case the tooth is missing a lot of enable, dentists will rely on dental crowns for restoring and protecting the tooth. With a crown covering it, the tooth will not come into contact with anything. Thus, the patient can easily continue to chew or bite food as usual. It is worth mentioning that crowns and veneers offer similar levels of functionality. The only difference between them is that crowns surround the teeth like a cap, whereas veneers remain in place at the front of the tooth.
- Dental Bridges: On occasions, a person might lose a tooth. In this scenario, the dentist will create a dental bridge to replace the broken tooth. Dental bridges are non-surgical ways for remedying tooth loss.
- Dental Implants: These implants are useful for replacing lost teeth permanently. Dentists typically implant a titanium post under the gums and secure it to the jawbone. This implant will replace the lost tooth and its root system. Thus, the patient can continue to eat any kind of food product as usual.
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening the teeth is one of the most common ways to enhance a person’s smile. It is also fast, inexpensive and minimally invasive.
If you have any questions about any of Civic Plaza Dental Care’s dental procedure, please give us a call (02) 9727 0364.