The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) provides access to comprehensive dental care to eligible children. The benefits are capped at $1000 for every child over a period of two years.
In order to find whether your child qualifies for Child Dental Benefits Schedule, simply call Medicare helpline or log on to mygov.com.au and open your Medicare account. When choosing a dental practice to avail CDBS, make sure that the practitioner possesses the Medicare provider number and is registered with Dental Board of Australia.
Who can qualify for Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
- All children between the ages 2-17 years are eligible to receive certain types of dental treatments under CDBS.
- The children must be eligible for Medicare to avail benefits under Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
- Child’s family must receive relevant Australian Government payment such as youth allowance, disability support pension, ABSTUDY, parenting payment special benefit etc.
What Is Covered Under Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
- Dental check-ups
- Teeth cleaning and oral hygiene
- Fillings and restorations
- Dental infections and other emergencies
- Fissure sealants
- Partial dentures
*Orthodontics and cosmetic dental procedures are not covered by Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule: Things to Consider Before Starting the Treatment
It’s important to ensure that there are sufficient funds in child’s benefit cap of $1000. Though the capped benefits are spread over two years, to access the remaining balance in the second year, the patient must be eligible for that year. Many patients use up all their benefits in the first year itself. You can check the balance by visiting www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/hpos.
The child’s parents should discuss certain important things before availing any service. These include the type of treatment, cost of treatment, billing arrangement, billed and non-billed services, among others.
Get In Touch With Dr. Pedro Gonzalez and Team at Civic Plaza Dental Care
At Civic Plaza Dental Care, Dr. Pedro Gonzalez and his team offer a completely hassle-free experience for patients covered under Child Dental Benefits Schedule. For more information, please visit Civic Plaza Dental Care or give us a call on 02 9727 0364.